Friday, February 5, 2016

"We all need each other," says nurse

January's blizzard brought New York City to a standstill, but it didn't stop Chantelle Diabate. She's a nurse at the Hebrew Home in the Bronx, and she hiked two miles through snow and slush to arrive at work on time. Why? "I just felt that I knew nobody was really going to come in, so I tried to do my best to get there," she told ABC News.

                                                                                                        Photo courtesy of Chantelle Diabate
According to nursing home director David Pomeranz, Chantelle was the only nurse who reported for work that day, and ended up working a double shift. "My job is really humbling," she said, "because you realize you could be a patient. I treat my patients well because I treat them like family."

No comments:

Post a Comment