Sunday, September 3, 2017

How much is possible for a 10-year-old boy?

"Every time I think about it, I cry," says Ashley Moreau. "I don't think Jayden understands what he's done and how big it is." Ashley and her 10-year-old son Jayden live in Sulphur, Louisiana. She was pregnant and was at home when her water broke last month -- one month prematurely. She called Jayden and asked him to run next door and get his grandmother, but grandma had just undergone back surgery and was too weak to walk. She called 911 when Jayden ran back to help his mom.


"You're going to have to deliver your brother and do it fast," she told him. "Tell me what I need to do and I'll do it," he promised. He helped his mother through the birthing process, but when the delivery was over, he realized the baby was not breathing, so he ran to the kitchen and grabbed the nasal aspirator he'd seen his mother use on his little sister. By the time paramedics arrived, Jayden had used the device and restored his brother's breathing. The baby recovered at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment