Sunday, December 13, 2015

Free haircuts for North Carolina boy

Last August, nine-year-old Kamarian Fox of Gastonia, NC, went the Next Level Barbershop for the first time. Mike Shelton cut his hair, as as they talked, Shelton learned Kamarian was about to start fourth grade. "I could really tell he was a bright kid, so I just said, 'Look, I'll make you a deal.'" What was it? Free haircuts for life as long as Kamarian earned good grades.

                                                                                                                                        Terrance Floyd
On November, Kamarian walked in saying, "I'm here for my free haircut." He showed Shelton his straight-A report card. Shelton said he plans to cut Kamarian's hair every week. "As long as you keep your grades right, I will keep you looking right," he said.

Kamarian now calls his barber Uncle Mike, and his single mother, Cameron Fox, is grateful Shelton acts like an uncle and father-figure to her son. "I appreciate his open arms, and giving Kamarian something to look forward to," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment