Thursday, October 1, 2015

Let's all be more like Nyfesha Miller

On her Facebook page, Becky Garvison tells of a flight she made recently with baby daughter Rylee. She said she was "stressed about flying alone with Rylee and all of our stuff to lug around with no help." She boarded her plane at 5:30 a.m. and the nearly-full flight was very quiet.  The couple sitting next to her looked annoyed having a baby so close to them. Rylee started crying when the plane began to taxi, so Becky asked a flight attendant if she could move two rows ahead where two of the three seats were vacant. The attendant agreed, but in Becky's words, "Rylee wouldn't stop crying no matter what I would try to do, but now I was sitting next to this amazing woman. I'm not sure if she could tell how upset I looked, but she asked if didn't mind if she tried to help, and of course I let her. As soon as she had her, Rylee was looking out the window and stopped crying. When we got in the air, Rylee fell asleep and slept in her lap the whole flight until we got to our gate.
                                                         Nyfesha Miller with Rylee       Facebook

The lady's name was Nyfesha Miller. In Becky's words, "She kept saying it wasn't a problem at all and was actually a comforting feeling for her. She even carried her off the plane and held her so I could get the stroller and car seat put back together. Nyfesha Miller, you could have rolled your eyes and been irritated like everyone else, but you took her and held her the entire flight and let me get some rest and peace of mind. It brought tears to my eyes while I sat there and watched you and Rylee. I just couldn't believe how caring you were too us. Thank you SO much."

No comments:

Post a Comment