Benno with owner Larry Brassfield and vet Dr. Sarah Sexton, holding ammo he ate.
Recently Brassfield took Benno to the vet after he ate 23 rounds of live ammunition. He didn't just swallow the bullets. First he chewed and mangled each one. Menno survived an operation to remove the explosives, and Brassfield promises not to leave ammo laying around the house again, but he doubts Benno will stick to dog food in the future. Why?
In the past, Benno has eaten Brassfield's wife's bra, drywall, weed-eater string, baseboards, LEGOs, a gasoline-soaked lawn mower air filter, quilt batting, magnets, marbles, tennis shoes, aluminum foil, wax paper, Styrofoam peanuts, stuffed animals, coins and of course, the TV remote.
"You can baby-proof a house, but I don't think it's possible to Benno-proof a house," says Brassfield. "Lord knows we've tried and failed."
Post a Comment