Saturday, February 20, 2021

From an alert reader in Bloomington, Indiana

Ryan Sivley of Austin, Texas, drives a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado four-wheel-drive pickup truck which he lovingly calls "The Beast." He also has heavy-duty hooks, chains and recovery tow straps which can pull more than 40,000 pounds. 

On Valentine's Day, Sivley, 40, the arctic blast was approaching Texas. Driving home from a store where he bought supplies, he noticed the road was covered with ice. "It was like a sea of cars," he said. "Some people were stuck in snowbanks and ditches. He went from one rescue to three to five as the storm got worse by the minute. "After 434 cars, I stopped counting," he said. And he never asked to be paid for rescuing stranded drivers.  "I had all my gear, so I thought 'let me just help.'"


  

No comments:

Post a Comment