Monday, February 15, 2021

Employee wins car, and then....

 Haley Bridges, 17, had only worked at the Chick-fil-A in Grand Chute, Wisconsin, for five months, but her co-workers had already become her "second family." She entered the Christmas raffle for Chick-fil-A employees. The prize was a new car, and she won! She knew exactly what she'd do next.


She gave the car away to her new Chick-fil-A "sister," 19-year-old Hokulea Taniguchi, who is from Honolulu, Hawaii, and has been commuting to work every day on a bicycle. Haley had already told Hokulea that she'd give her the car if she won. "I just started crying because I was so happy," said Hokulea. "I was like, 'Oh my gosh, I can't believe this is real! Now I can go grocery shopping." She can also leave home five minutes before her shift starts, instead of spending an hour pedaling.


No comments:

Post a Comment