Monday, February 20, 2017

Can girls work for Google?

Chloe Bridgewater is seven years old. She lives in Hereford, England, and would like to work for Google someday. So she wrote a letter to "Dear Google boss" to ask for a job. She'd seen online photos of the tech giant's headquarters where employees can ride go karts, play on slides and sit on beanbag chairs. She wrote, "When I am bigger I would like to work for Google. I like computers and have a tablet I play games on. My teachers tell my Mum and Dad I'm very good in class. Thank you for reading my letter. I have only ever sent one other letter, and that was to Father Christmas."

                                                                                                                            Liverpool Echo
Her impressive resume caught the attention of Google chief executive Sundar Pichai, who responded four days later. Chloe's Dad, Andy Bridgewater, said she was "over the moon" when the letter arrived. Pichai wrote to her, "I think if you keep working hard and following your dreams, you can accomplish everything you set your mind to. I look forward to receiving your job application when you are finished with school!" According to her Dad, Chloe is now "even more eager to do well in school and work for Google."

No comments:

Post a Comment