Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The only girl in her Cub Scout pack

A 10-year-old Girl Scout has become the first in the United Kingdom to get every single Beaver and Cub Scout activity badge. Willow Woolhouse completed every activity badge possible while she was in the Beavers, and recently received her final Cub achievement. But getting all 57 badges wasn't easy. She had to learn to ride a horse; become proficient in Morse Code; teach herself to cook a perfect omelette; master the martial art of Tang Soo Do, and impress her Scout leader with her stargazing skills. Did I mention building her own birdhouse?


She's the only girl in her Cub pack. Her final badge was a photography patch, awarded for her series of photos of of her proud mom, Beth Shaw. And "sixer" Willow, who is set to move up to the Scouts this season, already has her sights firmly set on achieving all 62 badges there as well. "When I look back on my life, I can't picture myself not being a cub or a beaver. It's the friendship with everyone there that really got to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment