Tuesday, May 14, 2019

She just learned it the day before

Shailyn Ryan lives near Boston, Massachusetts. She's nine years old and her parents signed her up at their local rec center for a course called Home Alone Safety. One of the things she learned was what to do if someone is choking. Then, THE NEXT DAY....

she was at lunch in school when her best friend, Keira, started choking on a hot dog. Keira could not breathe and her face turned red. So Shailyn immediately jumped up, got behind Keira, and did the Heimlich the way she just learned. She saved her best friend's life. She told police she wasn't even nervous when she saw Keira choking, because she knew exactly what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment