Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Fifth grader saves student's life

It happened recently at Greenwood Elementary School in Henrico County, Virginia. Fifth grader Benjamin Ford was enjoying his lunch in the cafeteria when he noticed another student choking. "She was starting to turn colors and gasping for breath. I felt like I had to hurry and get to her," Ford said, "I thought in a couple more seconds she might not make it."

"I wasn't really calm, "he recalled. "My heart was racing. I just knew I had to help her," and fortunately he knew exactly what to do for her. He remembered it from a documentary he saw with his Mom a few years ago. When they first heard that Ford had saved a life, his parents assumed he was describing a video game. Then they learned it was a real person. "We were shocked. It was awesome," said his Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment