Tuesday, February 16, 2021

"Oh, Mr. Price, you must be rich."

 It happened in December, 2018. Icy roads in Montevallo, Alabama, meant the elementary school would open two hours late. Bus driver Wayne Price knew about 75% of his kids were in the National School Lunch Program, which provides breakfast and lunch each day for children of low-income families. If school was delayed, they'd all miss breakfast and feel hungry until lunch. He loved his fifty kids too much to let that happen.


So he left his house a little early and drove his school bus to the nearest McDonalds. "When I got there, I asked the manager, 'Can you turn around 50 biscuits in 15 minutes and give me as good a deal as possible?' They really hustled, and I walked out with a box load of biscuits for my kids." He added, "I've got some sweet kids and I get really attached to them. They were really appreciative! I got lots of fist-bumps and high-fives, and lots of 'I love you, Mr. Price.' One of my kids said, 'Oh, Mr. Price, you must be rich."


No comments:

Post a Comment