Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A crumb from Cracker Barrel

Clair Richardson, RN, of Woodlands, Texas, recently posted this on her Facebook page, along with the photo. She wrote, "Tonight I witnessed an act of kindness that brought me to tears. We were eating at Cracker Barrel, and as we finished I noticed an elderly woman sitting alone, drinking milk and waiting for her meal. She looked very lonely. I wondered why she was at the restaurant at 8 p.m., which is like midnight on old people time."


A short time later, when Clair looked back, three big, burley middle-aged men were moving the elderly woman to their table. "She was smiling from ear to ear, her face all lit up, and she was just talking like she had not talked to another person in a long time. I was seriously choked up, as was my husband. As we left, we left them some money for their meal and thanked them for restoring our faith in humanity. I snapped a picture, but really, I will forever remember this moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment