Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Today's crumb is from Framingham, Massachusetts

Clayton Ward grew up in Tennessee. He tried college for a while but then moved to Massachusetts, where he began working as a bus driver for Framingham High School. "I enjoy working with kids," he said, "and during bus route we'd chat about their classes. As a history buff, I'd share lessons I learned in school. After several of these discussions, some of the students would tell me they wanted me to be their teacher."


Encouragement from students motivated him to enroll at MassBay Community College in 2019. He graduated with a perfect 4.0 grade point average, and thanks to free time due to the pandemic, he completed his Associate of Arts degree in just one year. This fall he'll transfer to Framingham State University to earn a Bachelor's degree in history, with a minor in secondary education, so he can someday teach history to high school students, just like he did on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment