Sunday, July 12, 2020

A police "incident" you should know about

Jesse McFadden was pulled over by a police officer in Montana recently. Here's what happened, in his own words. "I'm Native American, and the friend riding with me was black. The officer was walking to the car and I was pulling out my stuff, when he said, 'Don't worry about that. I just want you to know your brake lights are out.' I was upset, because I just had them replaced last month. I explained how Firestone wants to charge me $600 just to run a test on the wiring of the car.


He asked me to pop the trunk and tapped the lights, but they didn't come on. Then he asked me to pop the hood so he could check the relay box. Finally, he worked on the wiring under the dash. He could have given me a ticket, but Officer Jenkins stepped of his police officer role and into a mechanic's role to make sure I was safe. And by the way, he fixed them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment