Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A crumb taken entirely from Facebook

John Rinn is a police officer in Dedham, Massachusetts. Here is a post and photo which appeared recently on his Facebook page. He writes, "So I am sitting in my cruiser typing a report and this woman just came up to me and asked if she could talk to me for a second. I said 'absolutely," and got out of my cruiser and spoke with her. The very first thing she said was she told me that my life matters to her. She told me she does not see me as a white cop. She seems me as a human being and that we're all human and we're all the same. She then asked me if she could give me a hug, which I accepted.


I told her that her life mattered to me as well, and we continued to chat for about 20 minutes about all that is going on in the world. During those 20 minutes, it wasn't a cop and a citizen (or a cop and a black citizen) talking. It was just two humans having a conversation. Before she left, she gave me a small Bible and told me she will be praying for me. We need more people in the world like this woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment