Monday, July 4, 2016

"When I'm thinking bad thoughts, I like to read."

The jail in Montgomery County, TN, has a library for inmates, but the library has no budget and is not supported by taxpayer money. Since it relies entirely on donations, deputies were thrilled recently when Tyler Fugett walked in unannounced with more than 100 new books he bought at local bookstores.

                                                                                            Montgomery County TN Sheriff's Office
Tyler isn't a local businessman or philanthropist. He's a nine-year-old boy who used his allowance to buy the books. He wanted inmates to have something to take their minds off their surroundings. He told his mom, "When I'm thinking bad thoughts, I like to read, so I want to collect books for them." His mom says their family lives "penny-to-penny," but "I've never seen a child with a heart like his."

No comments:

Post a Comment