Saturday, October 10, 2020

The 2,180th Crumb of Comfort

 Since 2014, a Crumb of Comfort has been posted almost every day, until today we reached crumb number 2,180 -- almost enough to make a crumb cake. We'll celebrate by sharing a note from 72-year-old Randy Long. Cleaning out his garage recently, he found some practice baseballs he used to toss to his son and grandson. Thinking others might find them useful, he left them at a local batting cage with this note.


"Hope someone can use these baseballs in the batting cages. I pitched them to my son and grandson for countless rounds. My son is now 46 and my grandson is 23. I am 72, and what I wouldn't give to pitch a couple of buckets to them. They have both moved away. If you are a father, cherish these times. You won't believe how quickly they will be gone. Give your kids a hug and tell them you love them every chance you get."


No comments:

Post a Comment