Thursday, October 8, 2020

Ruthless bullying inspires generosity

Cavanaugh Bell, age 7, lives in Gaithersburg, Maryland, with his mother, aunt and cousins. He's experienced some harsh bullying, but it inspired him to help others. "After I was bullied and I felt a darkness inside of me, I knew I didn't want other kids to feel the way I felt," he wrote, "so I asked my mom if she could help me spread love and positivity. 

When the pandemic began in March, his family focused on helping his local community. He made CARE packages with toiletries and groceries to help elderly people. He used his own savings and birthday and Christmas money. Eventually, fueled by donations, he and his mom opened a food pantry in a donated warehouse. After Cavanaugh was the focus of news stories in the media, he was praised by people in high places, including Democratic vice-presidential nominee Sen. Kama Harris of California.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment