Tuesday, April 28, 2020

School principal honors graduating seniors

Poplar Springs High School in Graceville, Florida, has 30 students graduating this spring. Principal Farica West was broken-hearted that her students are being forced to spend the remainder of their senior year in isolation, missing their prom and graduation. After brainstorming ways to spotlight the grads, she contacted the school photographer who took all their senior portraits.


She had all the portraits enlarged, printed out and posted on both sides of the school's road, where they can be seen smiling at the drivers passing by. The students were particularly touched by this gesture. "I pass my school every day I go to work, and every time I look out there I get to see our faces out there on the drive. So it's definitely something that gives you comfort," said one senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment