Friday, March 20, 2020

Sports broadcaster uses voice to help others

Even if Dave Pasch can't use his voice to broadcast sports, he can still speak up for those suffering during the pandemic. The four-time Arizona Sportscaster of the Year, who is best known for his national play-by-play work with ESPN, struck a chord recently with a social media post offering to help a Phoenix family who has lost income due to the virus and cannot pay a bill.


In a Twitter post, Pasch recalled a well-known Bible verse (Acts 20:35) about helping the weak, and Jesus saying it is more blessed to give than to receive. He explained, "I just felt this is an opportunity for me as a Christian to live out my faith in a way that's real, and kind of where the rubber meets the road. Here's an opportunity to step up when you've got a lot of people who are hurting and suffering and unsure of the future. I thought it was a good opportunity to use the platform I've been given to be a good witness and certainly not take the glory for myself, but help another person."

No comments:

Post a Comment