Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Taking single-parenthood outside the box

When Whitney Kittrell of St. George, Utah, became a single mom three years ago, she promised herself she'd do everything she could to give her kids a normal life. Recently her son, who is in kindergarten, came home with a note about a special party called "Dads and Doughnuts Day." Kittrell asked him if he'd like to invite his grandfather to school that day.

                                                                                                                                       Facebook
He just smiled and said, "No, I want you to go. You're my mom and dad." So she found her best dad outfit, painted on so facial hair and went to the school event with her son. She admits she was embarrassed, but after seeing her son's smile, she knew it was the right thing to do. She remembers, "When I went to leave, he ran after me and hugged me tight around my neck and whispered, 'mom, I know you'll always be there and do anything for me.'" She posted the event on Facebook, and in just two days it had 8,100 likes and 3,600 shares.

No comments:

Post a Comment