Friday, April 27, 2018

Til death do us part...

When Mike Seldon of Laguna Beach, CA, began dating Brittany Williams, her daughter Heidi was only 14 months old. Mike was always understanding when Brittany had to pause a movie on TV so she could feed Heidi and rock her to sleep, or break a date because of her responsibilities as a mom. He never stayed overnight when Heidi was there, until he and Brittany became engaged in 2015. After that he began doing fatherly things for Heidi, like tucking her in bed at night and kissing her goodbye when he left for work in the morning. Finally he and Brittany were married, and he recited two sets of vows.

                                                                                                         Chard Photographer
After promising to love and honor Brittany "'til death do us part," he kneeled down and made these promises to his step-daughter, Heidi. "I vow to be fair and honest with you. I promise to support you in every way I can. I promise to always hold your hand and brush your hair when you ask me to. I promise to tuck you into bed every night.  I vow to show you how a man should treat a woman through my relationship with your mom. And above all else, I vow to protect you, care for you, and love you 'so big' forever." There was hardly a dry eye in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment