Friday, June 15, 2018

Everybody cried

The new documentary about Mr. Rogers, "Won't you be my neighbor?" first appeared in select theaters on June 8. To nobody's surprise, ALL the reviews are filled with inspiration and love. The hashtag #WontYouBeMyNeighbor on Twitter is filled with posts from adults expressing adoration of this biopic. Many noticed something unusual among those watching the movie. Everybody cried.


For example, Julie Williams, 42, of Tampa, Florida, said she grew up in an abusive household. "I promised myself if I ever had children of my own, I'd parent them in a way Mister Rogers made me feel, safe and worthy and joyful. I did that," she said, "I broke the cycle of generational abuse in no small part due to Mister Rogers." Plan now to see this wonderful movie, and take some tissues. Here's the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwktRDG_aQ

No comments:

Post a Comment