Thursday, December 29, 2016

Angels spotted in Indianapolis

Navy veteran Billy Myers, 63, wasn't feeling very well, and his home in Indianapolis was falling apart. "I got too old to fix my home," he said, "and it became to much for me, and I also had health problems."  Finally Myers went to the VA hospital, where he lost a lung and spent time recovering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The dust and debris in his home had harmed his health, and family members were planning his funeral, assuming he'd die at the hospital. But while he recovered, a group called Helping Heroes of America got the keys to his empty house.

                                                                                                                               FOX59
Contractors from Bartley's Painting and Matt's Priority Home Repair went inside. They ripped out 30-year-old carpet and fixed a bathroom that was near collapse. Brian Bartley said this was "probably one of the most inspirational jobs I have ever done in the 26 years I've been in business." Helping Heroes of America spent $30,000 to transform and remodel the entire house. Myers is back home again, surrounded by love this Christmas season. "It's a total miracle," says his sister Debbie Busbin. "I know he'll be okay." Myers agrees. "I did not think anybody cared," he said, "but now I see that they do."

No comments:

Post a Comment