Thursday, December 8, 2016

After hanging on for dear life, Tigger has a home

Lt. Nick Grimmer is a helicopter pilot with the Flying Tigers, Britain's 814th Naval Air Squadron.  He says he's never late, but something unexpected delayed him recently. He'd just finished driving 300 miles from Birmingham to Cornwall. When he arrived and turned off the engine, he was sure he heard a very faint meowing from his car. He said, "I looked in the boot, under the bonnet, and climbed all over and under it but still could not find what was making the noise."

                                                                                             Solent News
"I called up some of our air engineers, who came and helped me to start dismantling my pride and joy. On taking off the rear bumper, we were greeted by a tiny tiger-striped kitten. He must have had a long journey, but was remarkably unharmed. Since I'm never late for work, I was left with no option but to take my new friend with me. The place he felt most comfortable is in my flying helmet, which is the only place he is able to sleep." Lt. Grimmer tried to find the owner of the kitten, but when this was impossible, he adopted it and named it Tigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment