Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Thanksgiving Day memory

Here's what Patricia Parson is most thankful for today. She writes, "In October, 1965, as a college freshman, I went to a 'computer dance' held by the university I attended. To participate, I completed some information about my likes, hobbies, travels and studies, and the computer generated compatible partners to meet at the dance. My first few matches did not show, but a handsome young man walked straight up to me and said, 'Hi, I'm in your English class.'
I'd never noticed him sitting on the other side of the class, but this Thanksgiving we are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary, and our five children are coming home to celebrate with us. I look back and think what would have happened if my lover had never mustered the courage to walk up and say, 'Hi, I'm in your English class.' I am eternally thankful for that computer dance and his words. It was the beginning of finding out where I belonged."

No comments:

Post a Comment