Thursday, October 4, 2018

"I said, 'Just go!'"

Jeremy Bourasa, 39, is a fireman at the St. Paul Park Volunteer Fire Department in St. Paul, Minnesota. When he decided to tie the knot with Krista Boland, 32, the ceremony was held at the fire station and the bride arrived on a fire truck. No sooner had the couple said "I do" than the station received news of a house on fire. The fire was really bad, and they needed a few more guys. "I looked over at Jeremy and I could tell what he was thinking," Krista remembered. "He looked so torn, so I said, 'just go.'"


"Someone's home was in flames, so they needed him more than I did," she added. After three hours, Jeremy returned to his wedding reception just in time for the first dance with his new wife. The 120 guests gave him a standing ovation after he and his team extinguished the fire without any casualties. "Now that I look back on it, I wouldn't want it any other way," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment