Monday, August 7, 2017

His sister says he is an alien

When Jack Davis of New Jersey saw NASA's help wanted ad for a planetary protection officer, he knew he was the man for the $127,000/year job, so he wrote a letter to apply for it. "I may be nine years old," he wrote in pencil, "but I think I'd be fit for the job. One reason is my sister says I am an alien. Also I've seen almost all the space movies and alien movies I can see. I have also see the show Marvel Agents Shield. I am great at video games, and I am young, so I can learn to think like an alien."


NASA could have put Jack's letter in the circular file with a chuckle, but instead they wrote back, congratulating him on his interest. He ever got a phone call from Planetary Research Director Jonathan Rall. While NASA didn't offer Jack the job, they didn't reject him outright, explaining that "We're always looking for bright future scientists and engineers to help us, so we hope you will study hard and do well in school. We hope to see you here at NASA one of these days."

No comments:

Post a Comment