Thursday, July 6, 2017

She taught him the right way to eat string cheese

Matt Groesky first met Laura Scheeler in pre-school when they were three. "One of my first memories is standing up in front of my pre-school class and declaring that I would marry her someday. Laura taught me how to ride swings and eat string cheese. We played hide-and-go-seek and stayed awake mischievously during nap time." They lost touch in elementary school, and for seven years their families exchanged Christmas cards -- nothing more, until they reconnected in high school and stuck it out even though they went to different colleges.


Finally, in 2015, Matt invited Laura to picnic in front of the pre-school where they first met. "Then he got down on his knee to keep the promise he made 20 years ago," she said, and they were soon married. "I was enamored with Laura as a child," says Matt, "and I still am to this day."

No comments:

Post a Comment