Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Policeman combines prayer with action

As reported in The Christian Science Monitor, Mark Ross learned last Sunday that his 15-year-old sister had died in a fatal car crash. Ross needed to get from Indiana back to his home in Detroit to grieve with his family, so he asked a friend to drive him. The friend agreed, even though his license was suspended. They were zipping across Ohio when highway patrolman Sgt. David Robison pulled them over for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving without a license. This left Ross with no way to get home to his family.

                                                                                            Mark E. Ross / Facebook
"I explained to the officer that my sister had died and that I needed to get back to my mother asap," Ross later wrote on Facebook. "I broke down crying and he saw the sincerity of my cry. He reaches over and began praying over me and my family." But Sgt. Robison didn't just talk the talk. He also walked the walk. He drove Ross 100 miles to a restaurant in Detroit where his family met him. Ross said, "Everybody knows how much I dislike cops, but I am truly grateful for this guy. He gave me hope. It was so overwhelming it kind of took me away from my own reality." Ross's family was so touched by Sgt. Robison's kindness that they invited him to attend the girl's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment