Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Harry Truman's health care plan

Today's crumb is from a letter by President Harry S. Truman to Rev. Norman Vincent Peale.

"I have always been of the opinion that to live a long, healthy and happy life, you must be careful to pick the right grandparents on both sides. Apparently that is what I did. Of course, I have obeyed the rules the best I could about the forms of exercise best suited to my age and about eating habits. I eat what I want when I want it, but not as much as I would like.


"One of the principal contributions to good health is a moral code that considers the welfare of the people around you as well as your own. I have found the 20th chapter of Exodus and the 5th, 6th and 7th chapters of Matthew to be nearly perfect guides by which to live. The 10th chapter of Luke also has a wonderful effect upon people who are trying to find the true definition of a good neighbor."

No comments:

Post a Comment