Enter email address here to subscribe to this blog

Thursday, April 12, 2018

WiFi hotspot?

Patrick Durand, 51, of Northern Ireland, went to be early after returning from a recent ski trip. He was tired, but his 14-year-old daughter was not. At 11:30 that night, as he slept soundly, she came into his room and woke him up. Why? Because their WiFi had cut out. He asked her to let him sleep, but she insisted she had to have internet access.


Wearily he crawled out of bed and went downstairs to find the problem and fix it. That's when he smelled something burning, and when he opened the door to the garage he saw flames and smoke. The dryer had malfunctioned, and the resulting fire may have made the Internet cut out. Luckily there was time to douse the flames with a fire extinguisher. Patrick was treated for smoke inhalation but nobody was hurt and their house is still standing today. All because a teenager could not survive one single night without WiFi.

No comments:

Post a Comment