Thursday, January 18, 2018

Birthday gift makes grandpa weep

                                                                                                                   Photos by WDRB.com
Fred Lamar of Louisville, Kentucky, bought this '57 Chevy Bel Air when he was 28 years old. It held lots of family memories, but in 1976 it was retired to the garage and eventually forgotten. Meanwhile, Lamar and his grandson Cam Dedman became best friends. "We did everything together," says Dedman. "He got me into cars when I was young." So Dedman hatched a plan to make grandpa's next birthday the best ever. He spent countless hours restoring the forgotten car, and gave it to Lamar on his 81st birthday. Lamar was stunned. He wept. He kissed the car, and said he would sleep in it. "When I saw his reaction, I could not help but tear up myself," said Dedman. "I always said I was going to pay him back one day, and today's that day."


No comments:

Post a Comment