Monday, December 11, 2017

Homeless man saves lives of two children

It happened recently in Las Vegas, Nevada. A grandpa was babysitting his two grandchildren, a three-year-old girl and a 10-month old boy. He was cooking something on the stove and went into a back room and forgot the food. It caught fire, and grandpa was unable to make it back into the kitchen, or reach his grandchildren, because of heavy smoke. Both kids were yelling for help.

                                                                                                                  Kelsey Thomas, KSNV
A homeless man named Anival Angulo, who lives on the streets and happened to be walking by, heard the children screaming and saw smoke coming from the house. He immediately jumped a fence, tore open the deadbolted screen door and pulled both children to safety. "I wrapped up the babies and pulled them out," he said. "I knew I had to get them out." Firefighters said without his help, both children probably would have died. Meanwhile, neighbors helped grandpa escape from the room where he was trapped, through a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment