Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Remember your first grade teacher?

Seniors at John Adams High School in South Bend, Indiana, will graduate on June 10. But they already have their caps and gowns, and wore them on May 30 for a traditional "walk through" the district's elementary schools. It gives younger kids a chance to come out into the hall and cheer the grads, and the seniors can thank their former teachers one last time.


Teacher Jan Henderson wrote on Facebook, "I was blessed today when I had eight former Perley Elementary School first graders come up to me and ask me if I remembered them. They had to help me with first names, but not with the memories I shared with them of our class together. I had not seen most of them for nine or ten years, but I remembered their faces and the love I felt for them. What a joy to hug them, get pics with them, and share the special talents they had when they were first graders. Congrats to my Adams Eagles, who will always be Perley Foxes to me."

1 comment:

  1. I remember my first grade teacher at McKinley in South Bend. I wish I would have had the opportunity to do this 56 years ago when I graduated from John Adams in 1961. Miss Lust was a sweet, kind and gentle teacher and a great lady. She allowed me to play with 'all' the big wooden blocks more time than I deserved, which probably sent me on my way to my architecture career. God bless all the first grade teachers. Wink JAHS '61

    ReplyDelete