Monday, January 4, 2016

Too soon to prepare for Valentine's Day?

Dan Williams doesn't think so. The student at Edmond High School in Oklahoma prepared for Valentine's Day, 2015, by working all during summer vacation in 2014 to save money. Instead of using his nest egg to buy a diamond for one special girl, he anonymously bought a card and candy for every girl at Edmond High -- all 1,076 of them.

Thanks to Williams, there were no lonely hearts on campus last Valentine's Day. He wanted to make sure every single girl felt special.Why?


"To know that someone cares about them, that's the best feeling in the world, I think," he told a news reporter, after his identity was revealed.


Even former students appreciated his kindness. Nicole Terry wrote, "I grew up hating Valentine's Day. I would see all my girlfriends with their flowers and candies and balloons, and go home crying because I felt I'd never be good enough for anyone. Now I have a two-year-old of my own, and this is exactly the kind of man I want him to be."

                                                                                                                                     KTLA-5 News



No comments:

Post a Comment