Monday, November 30, 2015

11-year-old delivers baby sister before school

Tara Knightley lives on Dukes Road in Dordon, Birmingham, England. The mom of five was expecting her sixth baby and last Tuesday, when she felt labor pains, she asked her partner, Daniel Burke, to take her youngest children to his sister's house. Minutes after he left, her water broke. Nobody was available to help but her oldest daughter, eleven-year-old Caitlin Burke. Guided on the phone by ambulance staff, Caitlin assisted with the birth of her baby sister, Elsa-Monet.

                                                                                                                                      BPM Media
"I was a bit scared and shaky at first because I had never seen anything like that before in my life," said Caitlin, "but when my sister was born I was really happy. I think she's really cute and I love her very much. My friends and teachers are really happy and proud of me. I want to be a midwife when I'm older."

Her mom said she didn't know what she would have done without Caitlin's help. "I was screaming in pain, but Caitlin was calm throughout.  She helped remove the cord because it was wrapped around the baby. I could not do what Caitlin has done at my age, let alone at age eleven."

And what did Caitlin do after delivering her baby sister? She went to school, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment