Wednesday, September 23, 2015

All you need is a dream in your heart

Many remember a PBS program called "The Joy of Painting." It ran for 11 years, and each episode featured Bob Ross showing viewers the art of oil painting. But one of the most memorable shows aired during the second season. Bob began by explaining, "Just recently I was doing a demonstration in the mall, and a man came up to me and said, 'Bob, I could never paint, because I am colorblind. All I can see is gray tones.' So I thought today we'd do a picture in gray, just to show you that anyone can paint."
                                                                                                                                                     PBS
Bob painted this picture of mountains on a winter day, using only shades of gray. He said any color will work, "as long as you use the basic method. Isn't that fantastic? That you can make whole mountains in minutes? And you can do it. All you need is a dream in your heart." Thanks, Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment