Friday, April 7, 2017

IHOP server offered career in nursing

For the past 11 years, Joe Thomas, 43, has worked at an IHOP in Springfield, Illinois. He knows all his regular customers by name, including one couple who eat there at least once each week. The wife has Huntington's disease and cannot feed herself. Each week they both order, and then the husband feeds his wife while his meal gets cold on the table.  Until last month.

                                                                                                              Keshia Dotson / Facebook
One day in March, after delivering their order, Thomas sat down next to the woman, waved her husband away, and started cutting up the eggs and feeding her. He said he told her husband, "Sit down. Eat your food. I got her." A few tables away, another customer named Keshia Dotson saw the act of kindness and took this picture, which went viral on Facebook. "I have a soft heart," said Thomas. "Everything I do is honestly just natural, besides the way my parents raised me. I don't think about it. I just do it." Since the picture went viral, Thomas has been offered a career in nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment